We're all professionals here, and our time is precious. Due to the recent increase in "no-shows", it is with regret a fee now applies for all self-discovery calls. This ensures that bookings are not made on a whim and that your commitment to exploring coaching is serious. My availability to take on new clients is limited; I work with a handful of clients at any one time to ensure I provide my clients with the highest level of service possible. This means it is not uncommon to wait a few weeks before we have our Self Discovery call as I only can undertake four (4) Self Discovery Calls per month, and it may be four (4) weeks or so before we sit down for our first coaching/mentoring session. Please bear these timelines in mind when booking your call. If you would like to know precisely when my next available space is for a new client, please email email@example.com
Please take some time to read through the following terms and conditions of purchase which I hope you agree are fair.
1. The terms and conditions below apply to Self Discovery Calls provided by Samantha Burgess ("the coach") trading as Sam Burgess. ("the company") to any individual or organisation ("the client") and constitute the contract for the service to be provided by Samantha Burgess for the Client. The term 'mentoring/coaching' covers business mentoring, life coaching and consulting for clients. Where Samantha Burgess is mentioned, it also covers Sam Burgess as a company.
2. Mentoring, Coaching and Consulting are not psychological counselling or any type of therapy and should not be construed as such.
3. In return for the fees payable by the Client (or by a third party on their behalf), the Company agree to provide the service as described below and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below. The Client agrees to pay fees for the service on the terms and conditions set out below (in situations where a third party pays the fees, the third party counts as an agent acting on behalf of the Client).
4. The date that the session is booked shall be deemed the start date for the service. Participation by any individual in booking the appointment constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
1. A fifty GBP (£50) payment is made at the time of booking for a Zoom video call lasting up to 60 minutes. This payment will be deducted (less card processing fees) from the Client's package should they choose to proceed to coach/mentoring.
2. The Company accepts payment via Stripe with all major credit or debit cards. All payments are to be made via my online scheduling software (Acuity) when you place your order
3. The amount for the services must be paid by the Client in full at the time of booking.
RESPONSIBILITY AND COMMITMENT
The Company will seek to enable the Client to set and achieve goals that will help to bring about desired outcomes for the Client. The Client has sole responsibility for any decisions they may make following a session. The Company nor the Coach accepts no liability for the Client's actions or for any business or personal losses.
1. The Company will treat the Client's personal information or business information as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the Client's prior permission unless the law requires it.
CLARITY AND STYLE
1. Sessions occur via Zoom, a secure and free calling service, accessible via phone app on iPhone and Android; please ensure this is downloaded before the session.
2. The Coach will discuss with the Client what inspired them to book a Self-Discovery Call and their future goals. The Client has the right to talk openly and candidly with their Coach. The Coach will not coach, mentor, nor consult on this call. The purpose of this call is information gathering and a "chemistry check" by both parties.
CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING SESSIONS
1. If the Client needs to reschedule a session, they should provide at least 24 hours' notice, and the booking fee will carry over. Reschedules can be made by the Client using the link in their confirmation email. Each Client is permitted one complimentary reschedule. In exceptional circumstances, the Company may need to reschedule a session; in these circumstances, the Coach will use reasonable endeavours to provide a mutually satisfactory alternative appointment with the Client within the Company's working hours.
2. If the Client cannot find a suitable time to reschedule, chooses to cancel or "no-shows" for the call, the £50 fee is non-refundable; there are no exceptions.
3. If a Client does not arrive on Zoom within five (5) minutes of the scheduled session time, the Coach will email the Client's email address on the booking form with a link and password. If the Client doesn't join the call within five (5) minutes of that reminder email, the session will be treated as a 'no-show', and the cancellation policy is activated.
4. If a Client is late to a call or session with no prior warning to the Coach (via email > firstname.lastname@example.org), the time missed will be deducted from the session, and the session will end at its scheduled time.
5. In exceptional circumstances, such as illness or unavailability due to bereavement or other commitments, inappropriate behaviour by the Client, actual or potential conflict of interest, or other reasons, the Coach. Can decide to terminate the service to the Client early or refuse or be unable to provide further sessions to the Client. In such a circumstance, the Client will be given reasonable notice of termination by the Company where practicable and their deposit will be refunded in full.
6. There may be occasions when the Coach may recommend that they seek an alternative service more suited to their current needs. In this event, the Coach will thoroughly discuss the reasons for the recommendation with the Client. It is the Client's sole responsibility to decide whether to follow the advice and the Company. Do not accept any liability for the outcome of any decisions the Client chooses to make.